The Agile Transformational Leader is a three-day workshop for Agile Leaders, Managers and Coaches that work at the enterprise level in Agile transformations, transitions or improvements.
Designed by Michele Madore, this workshop is built on Michael Spayd’s Integral Agile Framework™ (Ken Wilber’s Integral models), including Integral approaches to Leadership, and an Integral organizational change model, all of which are whole-system frameworks. The course provides a set of thinking tools and a roadmap for guiding Agile Transformational Leaders and Coaches with a broad and holistic approach in their organizational environments. It is ideal for companies who wish to increase the capabilities of their Agile Leaders, Agile Managers, or Agile Coaches to lead Agile Transformations in order to sustain the change after external coaches leave.
The course helps participants look at their work through the four different integral lenses of leading an Agile Transformation: Leadership, Practices, Systems, and Culture in a powerful and impactful experiential style.
Participants will gain an understanding of their own leadership effectiveness, the impact they have on those they are leading, and gain insight into their own personal breakthrough goals. Participants will also improve their ability to design and implement a successful organizational transformation that delivers breakthrough business, cultural and human results as a Change Leader.
The Workshop focuses on expanding and deepening participant’s skill in Agile leadership, conscious organizational change, Integral and professional coaching skills.
Agile Transformation Leaders, Agile Champions, Change Agents, Agile Managers, Agile Sponsors, Agile Coaches, ScrumMasters, and others in Agile Transformation leadership positions wishing to deepen their organizational capacity to support conscious change.
While mastering Agile leadership and coaching skills will require time and practice, our class will allow you to:
· Shift from managing an Agile Implementation to consciously leading Agile Transformations.
· Get refreshed on the core Agile Principles and Practices and their application within the Integral Agile Framework™.
· Have a solid understanding of the Integral Agile Framework™ and how to use this as a compass for coaching Agile transformations or transitions in your organization.
· Gain an understanding of Organizational Change, the types of change, and how to apply Conscious Change practices to successfully coach through the transformation or transition.
· Understand your role as an Agile Change Leader in consciously designing your transformation approach, including starting with your own personal breakthrough.
· Understand Adult Stages of Development and its application to leadership and business results.
· Observe professional coaching demos live to demonstrate active listening, effective inquiry using powerful questions, center-to-center communication, etc.
· Observe and practice professional coaching skills in order to help leaders with their leadership effectiveness. (Vertical Development)
· Learn about the Structure of Practices and how to apply them to Product Development Practices and Team Health Practices.
· Learn Boundary Spanning Leadership Practices that enable Transformational breakthroughs.
· Understand organizational structure and the impact they have on organizational performance and agility.
· Learn and apply Systems Thinking tools and concepts (e.g., Value Stream Mapping) as a key competency needed for an Agile Transformation Leader operating at an enterprise level.
· Learn a research-based model of organizational culture complexity that can be used by leaders to design a culture that empowers breakthrough transformation business results.
This training course is delivered as an on-site, instructor led program conducted either on a client site or at a public venue. This is an experiential course with simulated and real-case examples designed to help participants choose real-world examples to experiment and apply concepts for deepened learning.
· Certified Integral Agile Transformation Associate™
· 21 Scrum Alliance SEUs toward the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) level
· Lots of practical exercises, tools and techniques to use in each of the quadrants
· LEADERSHIP CIRCLE PROFILE™ self-assessment and interpretation coaching
You’ll walk away from the course having insights about your personal leadership effectiveness and the impact you have on others as an Agile leader. You will envision a design for the professional results and the life you want to create using the Integral model.
· Participants should have some grounded Agile knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment, in either business or technical areas of the organization.
· Prior reading: Mastering Leadership: An Integrated Framework for Breakthrough Performance and Extraordinary Business Results, by Robert J. Anderson and William A. Adams. Please note: To get the most out of this Workshop, it is essential you read this book prior to the class.
· Participants will need to take the FREE self-assessment that comes with the purchase of the book at least 1 week prior to the class date. Assessments should be brought to the Workshop, as we will debrief on the results.
· Attendance to all three full 8-hour days to receive certifications is required.
Public pricing is on the schedule page of the website at www.trans4mation.coach/workshops. Private classes can be quoted upon request.